Carrot Clicks: Our Week in Dinos, Pranks & Arrested Developmentby Gabrielle
Happy Jurassic Park 3D Day! (We're celebrating with pinball and popcorn.) This week, the first pitch was thrown by NY's most important teams: the Carrot Pirates and the Yankees (#nobias). Other highlights include surviving the most confusing day on the internet (April 1st) and surviving/inflicting Force Choking.
We didn't just add to the internet though, we also clicked on it:
- Facebook decided to advertise (in case you hadn't heard of them), highlighting their new "home" - a software vs hardware game-changer, complete with a new dictionary of words to learn. They also hinted at their entrance into the online dating world, if you can call it that.
- It was confirmed that Brooklynites have more fun: By moving from the land of Bruce to BK, the Nets gained 700K Facebook fans. (This seal has just as much swag.)
- We learned a little more about Manhattan from custom maps and bartenders.
- We found design inspiration from: Louise Fili, Ryan Cabrera), and a 21st Century version of MadMen.
- Sandwiches came up twice: in Tom Selleck form and Megan Do photography form.
- We were reminded that cellphones are 40 years old and used to be as big as a foot.
- Prince got mad about Vine, and the world got happy about Jimmy Fallon (sorry Leno).
- Vdio, sister of Rdio, launched in the US (causing a lot of commotion here) and Netflix backed the otherwise dead Arrested Development.
We'll just end on an appropriate #JP3D line: "I am not a computer nerd. I prefer to be called a hacker!"